Solutions to fix Windows 10/11 Update Error Code 0xc1900223
The Error Code 0xc1900223 is a Windows Update error that typically occurs when a user tries to install a new Windows update, but the installation fails. This Update error 0xc1900223 message indicates that there was a problem downloading or installing the update on the computer.
Here are some possible reasons for this Error Code 0xc1900223:
Poor network connectivity:
The update process requires a stable and fast internet connection. If the network connectivity is poor, the update may fail to download, and you may see this Windows 10 error code 0XC1900223
Insufficient disk space:
Windows updates require a certain amount of free space on your hard drive to install successfully. If your hard drive is full, you may need to free up some space to install the update.
Some third-party applications can conflict with the Windows update process and cause it to fail. You may need to temporarily disable or uninstall any antivirus, firewall, or other security software before attempting to install the update.
Few steps you can take to fix this Error Code 0xc1900223:
Check your network connectivity:
Ensure that you have a stable and fast internet connection. If you are using Wi-Fi, try connecting to a wired network or a different Wi-Fi network.
Disk clean-up is a process of removing unnecessary files from your computer’s hard drive to free up space and improve performance. Here are the steps to perform a disk clean-up on your Windows PC:
- Open the Disk Cleanup tool: Click on the Windows Start button and type “DiskCleanup” in the search box. Click on the Disk Cleanup app to open it.
- Select the drive you want to clean: The Disk Cleanup tool will scan your hard drive and display a list of files that you can delete. Select the drive you want to clean up and click OK.
- Choose the files to delete: The Disk Cleanup tool will display a list of files that you can delete. You can choose to delete temporary files, system files, downloaded program files, and other unnecessary files.
- Review and confirm the selection: Before you delete any files, review the list of files carefully to ensure that you don’t delete anything important.
Once you’re satisfied, click OK to confirm the selection.
- Wait for the process to complete: The Disk Cleanup tool will start deleting the selected files. This process may take several minutes, depending on the size of your hard drive and the number of files you’re deleting.
- Restart your computer: After the cleanup process is complete, you may need to restart your computer to complete the process.
- You can free up space on your hard drive and improve the performance of your computer
Run a system file checker:
- Open a Command Prompt as an administrator.
- And run the “sfc /scannow” command to scan.
- Repair any corrupted system files.
Nslookup for server
- Open to command prompt
- Enter to nslookup update.microsoft.com
The server’s name should have Microsoft in it, if it has continued the below steps, if it doesn’t have your PC is not connecting to Microsoft server, talk to experts on chat.
Media creation tool
The Media Creation Tool is a program provided by Microsoft that allows users to create installation media for Windows operating systems. Here are the steps to run the Media Creation Tool:
- Go to the Microsoft website and download the Media Creation Tool for the version of Windows you want to install.
- Once the download is done, double-click on file to launch tool.
- Accept the license terms and agreements.
- Select the option to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file).
- Choose the language, edition, and architecture (32-bit or 64-bit) of the Windows version you want to install.
- Select the type of media you want to use to create the installation media, either a USB flash drive or DVD.
- Insert the USB flash drive or DVD into your computer.
- Select the drive you want to use for the installation media.
- Wait for the tool to download the necessary files and create the installation media. This process may take some time, depending on the speed of your internet connection.
- If the process is complete, you may use installation media to install Windows on another computer or to upgrade an existing installation of Windows on your own computer.
Disable security software:
Security software such as antivirus, firewalls, and other security tools are essential for protecting your computer and personal information from malware, viruses, and other online threats. Disabling them without a good reason can leave your computer vulnerable to these risks.
- Open the security software’s user interface.
- Look for an option to temporarily disable or turn off the protection.
- Click on that option and confirm that you want to disable the protection.
- Complete the task that required the software to be disabled.
- Re-enable the security software
If you have problem in doing this method, we recommend you to chat with our experts. I am sure they will guide you and help resolve this issue Windows 10/11 Update Error Code 0xc1900223.
Our tech experts will diagnose the issue for free of cost, incase if you want our techs to work and fix the issue there will be minimal charges applicable.
More details for this method at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows