Several users complain about the occurrence of error code “Windows update 9c48 internet explorer” which sometimes interrupts the working of the system as well. It is observed that this error may occur when the user tries to install the Internet Explorer or update it. One of the major reasons behind this error code is that the corruption of the Windows updates folder. This error code may also arise when the system doesn’t have the necessary updates which are required to install the Internet Explorer 9.
Steps to Resolve this Error Error 9C48
Below are the steps which a user should take when the error 9c48 occurs while installing or updating the internet explorer 9.
- Open the command prompt and run it as an administrator.
- Now type the following command “cd%windir%” and press the Enter key.
- After that, you have to type “net stop wuauserv” and then again press the Enter key.
- When this process gets over you have to again type “ren software distribution software distribution old” and then press Enter.
- Now, once again type “net start wuauserv” and then Enter.
- At last, you have to type “Exit” and then press Enter.
- Now you can check for the Windows updates.
If the above solution doesn’t work for you then you have to uninstall the Internet Explorer 9 then restart your system. Now download the installer and make sure that you disconnect the internet. This is because the installer may try to download the latest updates from the internet. Now install once again and restart the system again.
If the problem still continues then it is advised to contact the Microsoft technical support team.
As a result, we give you assurance about your money and the service. If you like to see the procedure for paid support, to clarify, you may ask the Tech Available online here on this page.