Word has Run into an Error That is Preventing it from Working Correctly : If suddenly your Microsoft Office suite has stopped working and there is something that is preventing it from working correctly, and you have tried quick repair and online help as well, but nothing works. Then you try reinstalling them, and still, it does not work.
This issue comes when the compatibility mode working mode of Microsoft Office is not set to current Windows that your computer is running. For this to work, you need to disable compatibility mode for your Microsoft Office.
Follow the Steps Below for If Suddenly Your Microsoft Office Suite has Stopped Working and There is Something that is Preventing it from Working Correctly :
- Open the ‘Run’ windows by pressing Win + R key.
- Type in the following command ‘%systemdrive%\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15‘, and then press the Enter key.
- Find the ‘winword.exe’ or just ‘WORD.’
- Right-click on it and choose properties.
- A dialog box will appear. Find the compatibility tab.
- Now uncheck the box which says ‘Run this program in compatibility mode.’
- Click ‘Apply’ then press ‘Ok.’
If this compatibility box does not appear for you, then do the following:
- Right-click the ‘WORD’ file and choose ‘Troubleshoot Compatibility.’
- A popup window will appear.
- Click ‘Try recommended settings.’
- After this, click the ‘Test the program.’ This will remove the setting of the app that makes it run in compatibility mode.
- Click next and then choose the option ‘Yes, save the settings for this program.’
Word has Run into an Error That is Preventing it from Working Correctly will fix the problem for the Microsoft Office Word. If a similar problem appears for any other Microsoft Office app, then do the same with their properties by locating them.
We give you assurance about your money and the service. If you like to see the procedure for a paid support, you may ask the Tech available online here on this page.