Usage of Emergency SOS via satellite on iPhone 14
Emergency SOS via satellite is a new security feature that Apple introduced on the iPhone 14 models. With this models, you can use Emergency SOS via satellite to text emergency services when you are out of cellular and Wi-Fi coverage.
This feature will be available with an iOS 16 software update. Connection will be effected by
- Length of your message, and
- The status and availability of the satellite network.
How to use Emergency SOS via satellite on your iPhone?
Emergency SOS via satellite helps you connect with emergency services under exceptional circumstances when there is source of reaching.
Connect to a satellite
To connect your iPhone to a satellite:
- Firstly, hold your phone in your hand.
- You need not raise your arm or hold your phone upwards, but do not put it in a pocket or backpack.
- Make sure that you’re outside with a clear view of the sky and the horizon.
- In case you need to turn left or right or move to avoid a blocked signal, just follow the onscreen instructions.
- The satellite connection can be maintained even if your phone screen is locked.
Text emergency services via satellite
- Firstly, try calling emergency services.
- Secondly, if your call does not connect, use text emergency services via satellite:
- Then, tap Emergency Text via Satellite.
- You can also go to Messages to text 911 or SOS, then tap Emergency Services.
- You can also choose to notify your emergency contacts that you contacted emergency services, along with your location and the nature of your emergency.
- To connect to a satellite, follow the onscreen instructions and stay connected.
Once you’re connected, your iPhone starts a text conversation with emergency responders by sharing information such as
- Medical ID and emergency contact information
- The emergency questionnaire answers
- Your location and
- Remaining battery life for your iPhone
Emergency SOS via satellite and privacy
When you text with Emergency SOS via satellite,
- Messages sent in encrypted form, and
- Decrypted to the relevant emergency services dispatcher
Finally, for more information and details. We suggest you to chat with our experts I am sure they will guide you with your queries. Also you can visit our website for more suggestions.