Error Code KB2965142 occurs when windows of your operating system are unable to search updates or install updates.
There are multiple reasons for the error KB2965142 which include: –
- System File Corruption
- Weak Internet Connection
- Failure of Windows File system
- Problem with Windows Registry
- Misconfiguration of Window
- Viruses and Malware
Solution for Methods to Fix Error KB2965142
In this post, we will share an extensive guide to fix error KB2965142. After reading this post, you will be able to search for the window updates and install them.
- System File Corruption (SFC)
- Cleaning the Windows Update Temporary Cache Folder
- Manual Search for Windows Updates
Method 1-System File Corruption (SFC)
Sometimes this error may occur due to the system files corruption, but it can be rectified in simple steps. You can use SFC to scan system files and repair them.
Steps to Use SFC Scan
- The first step is to go to the start menu and type command prompt.
- Now right-click on the command prompt, and you will see the option to run it as an administrator.
- You have to click on the run as an administrator option.
- Enter your system password and continue.
- Now, you will be able to see the command window.
- You have to type sfc/scannow to scan system files thoroughly.
- Don’t turn off the window until the scan gets completed.
After completing all the steps, restart your computer and search for windows updates.
Method 2 for Error Code KB2965142
- Go to the start menu and type services.
- You will see services in your search result, click to open it.
- A Window will pop up, showing all the services of Windows on your system.
- Go to search and type Windows Update and click enter.
- Now you have to right-click on Windows Update and then press stop.
Now Start to clean the cache folder of Windows Update by following these simple steps.
- Firstly, click Windows + R key buttons simultaneously.
- A Run window will appear, copy and paste “%windir%\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore” in it.
- After pasting, click the OK button.
- It will open the right folder, which contains cache, and you have to delete it.
Now, you are done with all the steps. Go back to the Windows Services and search for Windows Update. You will see Windows Update for sure. Good luck, update the Windows.
We give you assurance about your money and the service. If you like to see the procedure for a paid support, you may ask the Tech available online here on this page.