How to Fix Windows 11 Update Error 0x800f0831?
In this article we will discuss how fix this error when installing a cumulative update. Error code 0x800f0831 is an error which people encounter while using the Windows Update service.
To resolve Windows 11 Update Error 0x800f0831, remove your existing VPN connection which is restricting your system from communication with the other servers.
Causes of the Windows 11 Update Error 0x800f0831
Different aspects that lead to this error code are:
- Conflict with another software
- Corrupt system files
- Limited disk storage space
- Damaged or corrupted Windows update components
How to Resolve Windows 11 Update Error 0x800f0831?
To resolve this error code, follow this methods:
Perform Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Firstly, click on the Start button and then select the settings option
- Next, click on the System button in the left pane and go to troubleshoot option in the right pane
- After that, click on Other Troubleshooter option
- Finally, select Window Update option and Run the troubleshooter
Run System File Checker (SFC) Scan
- Firstly, open Command Prompt and click on Run as Administrator
- Next, in the CMD window, enter the command sfc/scannow and press Enter
- Finally, once the scan is complete restart your system
Run the DISM Command
- Firstly, Open the command prompt window and Run as Administrator
- Now, enter the below commands and hit Enter
- Finally, to close the administrator,
- In the CMD window, type Exit and Press Enter
Perform System Clean Boot
If this error still persists, then try booting your PC in clean boot. To perform a clean boot,
- Firstly, log into your system as administrator
- Secondly, open the Run dialog box and type msconfig and click Enter
- After this, in configuration window go to the Services option
- Now, check the box next to Hide all Microsoft Services and click Disable all button
- After that, click on Open Task Manager and click on each entry and disable them
- Finally Exit Task Manager, click on OK button and restart your PC
At last, if you are still not able to resolve this issue. We recommend you to Chat with our experts. I am sure they will help you resolve this issue. If you like to see the procedure for paid support, to clarify, you may ask the Tech Available online.