To configure gmail smtp settings in outlook, you need to follow these settings as explained in this page. We have latest updates from Google that restricts gmail on Less secure apps. Learn, how to overcome those steps and make your email working.
Types of email protocols for configuring gmail in outlook:
SMTP is a network software or a group of commands used to transfer emails directly from a client to the server.
For example, linking one Internet Protocol (IP) address with another.
By using the Mail Transfer Agent, this protocol ensure that the emails is received to the computer in the right inbox.
In addition, SMTP works when you send an email from a SMTP client to SMTP server. When it reaches the SMTP server it is again sent to the recipient email server.
Generally, SMTP is the protocol that allows you to send outgoing emails but where as IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) and POP (Post Office Protocol) will enable you to receive incoming emails.
How to setup gmail on outlook?
There are three main reasons to set up an SMTP in your Gmail account.
- Firstly, you will set up to access Gmail as an external email client
- Secondly, to send emails directly from website to your business account
- Finally, the most important reason to setup SMTP plugin on the WordPress website
How to Set up SMTP with GMAIL?
Here is the step by step procedure to set up SMTP with GMAIL:
- Firstly, open your Gmail account
- Secondly, select the Cog icon, click on “See All Settings” tab and select “Accounts” to add the information
- Now select the option of Send emails through your SMTP and fill the information
- After this, you will get a confirmation to your Gmail account
Advantages of Gmail SMTP Settings
In addition to the set up process we also have these advantages:
- Outsources the process of sending emails not only to the existing member of the team but also to the other customers outside.
- Saves time by handling from single email provider and account.
- Simultaneously, ensures that the connectivity is active even when your are offline
Quick SMTP Settings for Gmail
If you don’t want go with the long procedure, here are the simple steps to be followed for using SMTP in Gmail.
- SMTP Server Address: smtp.gmail.com
- Use Authentication: yes
- Secure Connection: Here, you will need the TLS/SSL based on your website plugin or your mail client
- SMTP Username: Here you need your Gmail account ([email protected])
- SMTP Password: Here, you will need your Gmail password
- Gmail SMTP port: 465 (SSL) or 587 (TLS)